Are you pregnant? Now, this is the time to do everything that’s in the best interest for your baby. We all know that during pregnancy, you have to take proper meal on the time and avoid eating those things which can damage the development of your baby. Here are some foods and beverages that you need to avoid during pregnancy for the sake of your unborn child.
· Foods with high mercury- The most important to avoid is seafood. These foods contain too much mercury, which can harm your baby’s developing nervous system. Seafood which has high level of mercury is swordfish, shark, king mackerel and tile fish.
· Alcohol- It can be very dangerous for your unborn child because it can damage your baby’s tiny developing organs including brain. It can also lead to a whole host of disorders called Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders. So, be safe and eliminate all use of alcohol while you are pregnant.
· Raw Fish and Undercooked Meats- during pregnancy, it’s recommended to avoid all raw fish or shellfish and undercooked meats.
· Unpasteurized Cheese- During pregnancy you’ll have to avoid unpasteurized cheese such as brie, feta and blue cheese. These cheeses are more inclined to allow growth of bacteria called as listeria. If you’ll get infected with listeria which is called listeriosis. This illness can cause serious health issues of your baby.
· Caffeine- During pregnancy, you always feel extra tired and fatigued. Caffeine can increase the level of tiredness and fatigue. Reducing the amount of coffee less than 200mg a day will be good for you.